Re: 100% realism possible in lucid dreams?

General questions? Ask our experienced practitioners here
Dai

100% realism possible in lucid dreams?

Post by Dai »

My girlfriend has previously had some spontaneous OBE's and lucid dreams. However, she always complained that they were to difficult to control and of too low quality to be of much fun.

Since I started reading the workbook about a month ago I have talked to her about deepening and maintaining techniques. She has tried them and indeed have had some good results on her last lucid dream. She said it lasted much longer and she even got decent vision, something she have had trouble with before. However, she still think it is a big difference between the realism in a lucid dream and normal waking state in the real world. Three questions:

1. Is it really possible to achieve hyper realistic lucid dreams? As I said, even with deepening and maintaining my girlfriend still says it feels like a dream, not reality.

2. If yes on question 1, is it only a matter of more practice with deepening and maintaining techniques to achieve hyper realistic lucid dreams?

3. I know you believe that lucid dreaming and OBE are the same, just different ways to enter the phase. But is there in general a difference in quality between LD and OBE? For example, does LD feels more like a dream and OBE more like reality, or is the feeling the same?
Last edited by Dai on Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oblivion
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Oblivion »

Hi, Dai!

1. Hyper realistic lucid dreaming is achieved with practice (from my own experience). The more you practice, the longer and brighter will be you OBEs. OBE is not a dream, It’s some special state of mind. In ordinary dream you will not be able, for example to  recite a long poem till the end and stay conscious. The difference between a dream and an OBE is essential. When you touch something in OBE you are ready to scream from unusual sensations, if the wind is blowing you can laugh and feel so happy its hard to describe. As for techniques- sure thing their use is necessary, but if you start practicing without open heart you may be disappointed. To have a good OBE you should be ready to get it and enjoy it and not be afraid to lose this wonderful state of mind by unceasing and inappropriate usage of techniques. (That was my mistake in the beginning.) Can you draw a good picture without inspiration? I doubt it. So you can’t have a good OBE without you mental energy so to say:)).    This is my opinion as a person who had been happy to experience such OBEs.
2. Mostly it is the  matter of practice but it is very important to find techniques that will suit you. It may be turned out so that some popular techniques will serve you no good. What is good for you can be learned only from your own practice.
Oblivion
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Oblivion »

3    As for me I differentiate OBE and lucid dreaming but it’s my own gradation. When I experience OBE  I have no need to use a lot of deepening techniques. My level of concentration allows me to ignore them though I use some of them sometimes(mostly my own inventions or popular techniques which I adapted  for myself). When you suddenly become conscious in your usual dream (LD), it takes a lot of your mental force to make a realistic OBE. But who says it’s impossible? As for me I like the effect of leaving the body, it impresses me most, so I prefer OBEs.     
Egor

Post by Egor »

OBE and LD are the same state of mind. Difference is only in the way you get into this state.
There is some techniques, that helps you to get deeper in your phase. They all are written in guidebook (http://books.obe4u.com/)
Dai

Post by Dai »

Thanks for the answers, both of you!
Michael Raduga
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Michael Raduga »

100%?
))
It is normal 110-130%!

yes, just more practice with deepening and maintaining techniques