Re: Motivation while the deferred method and talks about the phase

General questions? Ask our experienced practitioners here
LucidDreaming
PHASER
PHASER

Motivation while the deferred method and talks about the phase

Post by LucidDreaming »

I don't know in which forum section I should post it, so Im posting it here.

1. How do you keep yourself motivated? I mean, when you wake up after 6 hours of sleep, and you have to get out of your bed. How do you manage to convince yourself into doing this?

2. Do you talk about phase with other people? And if you do, do they believe in you? If they don't believe, how do you react? Are there any people who thinks you are an idiot? If you are still living with your parents, do they know about your practice?

Question to Michael:

1. Do you often seperate during the day, without any sleep?
Last edited by Michael Raduga on Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
breadbassed
PHASER
PHASER

Re: Few questions to everyone.

Post by breadbassed »

1. i don't lol, i find after 6 hours of sleep, even if i get up to close my curtains or something i find it hard to try and stay up at all and just wanna go back to sleep, although i still practice techniques it's less likely to work if i haven't stayed up for a few minutes as i fall back to sleep too quickly. Still, i tend to have success at least once a week.

2. The only person i normally speak to about it is my girlfriend, i mentioned it briefly to my parents but they don't seem to get it, and i think i've bored my friends by talking about it too much so don't talk to them about it anymore
Michael Raduga
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Michael Raduga »

1. A cool plan of action may solve all problems like this. just think about this before falling asleep again

My question:

Of course. If I have the opportunity and wish, I may use direct techniques in the day. But it is a rare situation because it is better to take a good nap for relax and easily use the awakening for indirect techniques. 
Summerlander
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Summerlander »

1. How do you keep yourself motivated? I mean, when you wake up after 6 hours of sleep, and you have to get out of your bed. How do you manage to convince yourself into doing this?
Here's my motivation: "I want to enter the Phase and now is an excellent time to do it" - Ask yourself how bad you really want the experience.
Do you talk about phase with other people? And if you do, do they believe in you? If they don't believe, how do you react? Are there any people who thinks you are an idiot? If you are still living with your parents, do they know about your practice?
I do and most of them accept it and know what it's about. My parents are divorced. I keep in touch with my mum and she has known about this for donkey's years. She is African and where she is from they do it a lot there even though most of them believe it to be something "spiritual".

If I come across someone who doesn't believe, they don't stand a chance with me because I tell them flat out that it is a real phenomenon, but, what it actually is, is what's elusive.

A lot of them say "couldn't it just be dreams" to which I reply "yes", dreaming is probably all it is, it is a peculiar altered state of consciousness and better than any virtual reality game you will ever come across.

This way you get across the point of view that there is nothing paranormal about it and that it is an area deserving of scientific study. Once they know it is a normal occurrence they are the ones who will look silly if they insist that they don't believe it. It happens! It's a fact. The scientific community is aware of it.

If they still insist that they don't believe it, tell them to try the techniques with an open mind...otherwise...tell them to shut up. In the end, they are the ones missing out for being idiots. Inform them about the facts and tell them you experience it. If they play the sceptic card and say it's probably hallucinations then tell them "yeah, probably". What it is doesn't matter. What matters is that you are having fun.

If it's too much work to educate them...don't bother telling anyone...or show them my post! ;D
THE PHASE = waking consciousness during sleep hybridisation at 40Hz of brainwave activity conducive to lucid dreaming and autoscopy.
lithuaniandreamer

Post by lithuaniandreamer »

I told about it. They laughed at me . but i dont care.. then my couple good friends got interested in and tried it they almost did it,  they liked it and doing it until now.
I wonder why people shouldnt try this thing... its very interesting and you can have many starnge, funny feelings there.
NOVA
PHASER
PHASER

Post by NOVA »

Hi,

I wouldn't bother talking to people who know nothing of it.  Yes they will think you strange and an idiot, and this may be discouraging for you. Hence affect your practise.  Just walk away from them. They are obviously not at that place yet and are not open enough to listen to what you have to say, with respect. 
Here's the thing. 
Only talk to people who are interested and desire to talk and ask good questions about it.  This will strengthen your knowledge and desire. Read pages in Michael's book refering to the method of separation many times and then many times again.  I found that I understood it better when I printed it out.  That way I would not skip pages.  It is easier on the eyes to read printed out and you can highlight parts that speak to you.
Saturate your mind with it.  Read the blogs where people are having success.
Practise and indirect techniques and attempt to roll out whenever you find yourself waking from a dream. 

It will happen.

Your first OBE will keep you motivated.
There are no humans here. You're it.  There is nothing seperate "out there".
LucidDreaming
PHASER
PHASER

Post by LucidDreaming »

NOVA wrote: Hi,

I wouldn't bother talking to people who know nothing of it.  Yes they will think you strange and an idiot, and this may be discouraging for you. Hence affect your practise.  Just walk away from them. They are obviously not at that place yet and are not open enough to listen to what you have to say, with respect. 
Here's the thing. 
Only talk to people who are interested and desire to talk and ask good questions about it.  This will strengthen your knowledge and desire. Read pages in Michael's book refering to the method of separation many times and then many times again.  I found that I understood it better when I printed it out.  That way I would not skip pages.  It is easier on the eyes to read printed out and you can highlight parts that speak to you.
Saturate your mind with it.  Read the blogs where people are having success.
Practise and indirect techniques and attempt to roll out whenever you find yourself waking from a dream. 

It will happen.

Your first OBE will keep you motivated.
Oh no, it's not like I didn't have any OBEs. Opposite, I had quite a lot.

I agree with everyone about not talking to sceptical people. I tried and I was really depressedm, after people thought I am an idiot :D
LawPaw
PHASER
PHASER

Post by LawPaw »

I talk with some of my friends about it, but not with most.  The only friends I do talk about it with are the ones I know will be open to the idea.  But even with them they don't really get it. 

I barely even talk to my wife about it because she doesn't understand it.

Once I master it I want to start telling everyone about it and hopefully teach them how to practice it since I think it is important.

It's just difficult for people to comprehend.  I wouldn't understand it either if I hadn't had experiences with it before I learned about it.

I wish there were a way to properly explain it.
LucidDreaming
PHASER
PHASER

Post by LucidDreaming »

LawPaw wrote: I talk with some of my friends about it, but not with most.  The only friends I do talk about it with are the ones I know will be open to the idea.  But even with them they don't really get it. 

I barely even talk to my wife about it because she doesn't understand it.

Once I master it I want to start telling everyone about it and hopefully teach them how to practice it since I think it is important.

It's just difficult for people to comprehend.  I wouldn't understand it either if I hadn't had experiences with it before I learned about it.

I wish there were a way to properly explain it.
I am very open minded, so I would believe in my friend if he told me, that he is practising OBE. Why would he lie anyway?
LawPaw
PHASER
PHASER

Post by LawPaw »

But you understand what it is.

I don't think my friends think I'm lying, only that they don't understand what I'm actually saying and think it is really just a controlled dream.

The only reason I'm hesitant to share more openly with others is because I want to find the best way to present it.  I'm just afraid that if they don't immediately understand they will be turned off to it.
NOVA
PHASER
PHASER

Post by NOVA »

Did you know that you are dreaming and the person you are trying to convince is yourself.
The dream is your movie and you are the director.
All that you see on the screen (this fabric called waking reality) is your projection of your thoughts, just as in an OBE.

It's Not Real.  ;D
LucidDreaming
PHASER
PHASER

Post by LucidDreaming »

NOVA wrote: Did you know that you are dreaming and the person you are trying to convince is yourself.
The dream is your movie and you are the director.
All that you see on the screen (this fabric called waking reality) is your projection of your thoughts, just as in an OBE.

It's Not Real.  ;D
And you can control your dream with your thoughts? :D
NOVA
PHASER
PHASER

Post by NOVA »

Absolutely Yes.
LucidDreaming
PHASER
PHASER

Post by LucidDreaming »

NOVA wrote: Absolutely Yes.
I believe in something similar. ;D
NOVA
PHASER
PHASER

Post by NOVA »

Glad to hear that.  I don't believe in anything.  It's not real.
LucidDreaming
PHASER
PHASER

Post by LucidDreaming »

NOVA wrote: Glad to hear that.  I don't believe in anything.  It's not real.
Than why live?
JorgeLTE
PHASER
PHASER

Post by JorgeLTE »

OBEs and waking life reality are made of the same thing