Re: Children and OOBE's

Feel free to talk about anything not related to lucid dreaming and out-of-body travel
Luna
PHASER
PHASER

Children and OOBE's

Post by Luna »

How do you go about asking a 4yr old if they have oobe's (LD's and the like included)
My son just came to me and told me that he doesn't want to close his eyes because the Ghosts and crocodiles come to get him  :-\  :-[
Last edited by Luna on Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one. ~ Einstein
Summerlander
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Summerlander »

My son is almost three and he definitely enters the phase without knowing it.  He's scared of walls.  He says a man comes to beat him up.  I wish I had more time to discuss this with you now.  Definitely later.  When I was a kid I was having frightening false awakenings and out-of-body sensations too.  It can be very confusing for a child because when they enter the phase they will believe that they are awake and that their mummies and daddies must have made some changes to the house they live in.
THE PHASE = waking consciousness during sleep hybridisation at 40Hz of brainwave activity conducive to lucid dreaming and autoscopy.
Th3TruthizInThere
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Th3TruthizInThere »

I don't know if it helps, but the idea of my having had LD's or OBE's would explain a lot about my own childhood. One thing I remember distinctly is how after I would dream, I would be laying in my bed and see miniature images of characters or structures from those dreams floating in the room like purple phantoms. It was a lot like when you look into a bright light too long and then look away and start blinking- except it was dark when it happened to me.

I also have an inexplicable experience I remember from a Greek backdrop setting with people in togas and swallows flying around. My parents and friends were there. We were all in togas. It was very peaceful and simple and BEAUTIFUL and REALISTIC and there was this big well we were all standing around. I had that memory stuck in my head like it was something from the actual timeline of my life- but I have never been able to reconcile it with any actual event. Probably an HD OBE.  ;)

I think the first thing I would ask your son would be whether he knows he is asleep/dreaming when the ghosts and crocodiles come after him. Also, does he fly in his dreams? If so, he might appreciate your suggestions for further shaping his dreams and manifesting powers to confront these dream intruders. He might feel more comfortable and relieved to have you assure him that he can turn into a giant and throw crocodiles for sport or create tornadoes to suck the ghosts away. I wish my parents had been more knowledgeable about how to help me find relief from my bogeyman when I was a little kid. Let us know how it goes. Good luck!  :)
Harmless as Doves... Wise as Serpents!
Luna
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Luna »

Thanks for the replies!

Hope your boy is able to cope Summerlander? Have you spoken about it with him? Although at 3 it's kinda hard.

I'm pretty sure he is having them. I told him that if the ghosts come to get you, tell them that they aren't real or just fly away. He replied "But I don't have wings" So maybe he really does think he is awake when it is happening. Some night's I go in and wake him up to put him in my bed and he looks like he is off on some other planet.

I def will ask him if he knows that he is asleep when the ghosts/crocs come. Good ideaThanks Th3TruthizInThere. I haven't asked him if he flies. I will though.

Keep you posted!
Summerlander
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Summerlander »

He's been okay lately.  It might be a phase of entering the phase that he is going through.  I just hope he doesn't get it as bad as I did.  Like you said, it is hard to explain it to him.  I don't even think he knows what we mean by the word "dream".  In fact, even adults have different ideas about what dreams are.
THE PHASE = waking consciousness during sleep hybridisation at 40Hz of brainwave activity conducive to lucid dreaming and autoscopy.
Luna
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Luna »

I asked him if he thinks he is awake  or asleep when the Ghosts and Crocs come and he replied with a definite "Awake."
I told him that when they come to tell them that they aren't real and that they can't hurt you. It's quite ironic really.....here I am telling him this and I can't even do it myself.  ??? :-[ :-\ ???
APVirgin
PHASER
PHASER

Post by APVirgin »

Interesting stuff.  I encourage my little lad to talk about dreams with us (he is only 4) and he generally likes to discuss them.  Only this morning he was telling us about a dream he had about being at school when it was windy and one of his teachers got out a windsock. ;D 

I hope this will help him discuss with us, if and when he has bad dreams/phase entries that worry him.

Personally, I always find discussing a nightmare or dream that concerns me helps.
Th3TruthizInThere
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Th3TruthizInThere »

Luna wrote: I asked him if he thinks he is awake  or asleep when the Ghosts and Crocs come and he replied with a definite "Awake."
I told him that when they come to tell them that they aren't real and that they can't hurt you. It's quite ironic really.....here I am telling him this and I can't even do it myself.  ??? :-[ :-\ ???
In my experience, this will resolve itself one way or the other. Either you will make a choice to face the fear and make the conscious choice to stand up to them, or eventually your fear will escalate to anger, which will lead you to impulsive action in the phase and show you that you are more in-charge than you think. Those things you cowered in front of before will make you so angry that you just unleash a can of whoop-ass on them.

I will never forget the "dream" where I killed Freddy Krueger by bludgeoning him to death with a shopping cart...  8). Good luck Luna!
Harmless as Doves... Wise as Serpents!
Luna
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Luna »

Only this morning he was telling us about a dream he had about being at school when it was windy and one of his teachers got out a windsock.
Hehehe cute!!

Thanks for the reassurance Th3TruthizInThere.
I will never forget the "dream" where I killed Freddy Krueger by bludgeoning him to death with a shopping cart...
Oh gawd...I hope I never have to do that....although I couldn't think of a better person to do it to LOL!
Luna
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Luna »

He's def phasing... Just tucked him into bed and he said "Mummy, I don't want to sleep near the cliff." To which he rolled into the middle of my bed.  :)