Re: Possible effects of meditation on Phase

General questions? Ask our experienced practitioners here
astralbandit

Possible effects of meditation on Phase

Post by astralbandit »

I ve recently been introduced to Mr Radugas fantastic Phase system and currently in the process of trying out the indirect techniques to see which one is suitable for me , my question is that i have been doing  Transcendental Meditation for the past 15 years and i am wondering if my meditation practice might somehow have a negative effect on reaching the Phase stage ?
JorgeLTE
PHASER
PHASER

Post by JorgeLTE »

Actually I think that it should have positive effects in entering the phase.

This is because during both dreaming and meditation, you enter into a THETA brainwave state, so your brain is more used to this mind state.

Plus it can bring you more dream awareness and help you with Dream recall, so don't worry.  ;)
astralbandit

Post by astralbandit »

Thats what i was i thinking , However , I have been trying the other methods (reality checks , deferred sleep ) of conscious dreaming for the past 5 months to no effect and on top of that my dream recall  is very sporadic and fragmentary :(
With my meditation i am able to experience pure consciousness Everytime and it feels very blissful , yet i am seeing no effect or benefit of it during dreaming , i am totally unable to trigger awareness during dreaming :(...I must say i am at a loss at this stage as to whats causing the hinderance...
LawPaw
PHASER
PHASER

Post by LawPaw »

Dream consciousness isn't realiable.  It is also very different then the kind of Phase entrance that Michael discusses in his book.

Read the ebook.  I think you will have much better success with his method.  Especially if you have experience with relaxed states.
astralbandit

Post by astralbandit »

Yeah that seems to be the case with me , so i ve gone thru the ebook and i am in the process of choosing the right indirect technique to work with , i am also getting a zeo sleep coach which has be ability to wake the sleeper up very gently in and out of rem by detecting your rem stages via wireless headband which should come in handy :)
LawPaw
PHASER
PHASER

Post by LawPaw »

Why not give it a shot with just your intentions first.  I think you'll be surprised.

Just pick a few to try first.  If they don't work, they don't work and you can move on from there. 
astralbandit

Post by astralbandit »

LawPaw wrote: Why not give it a shot with just your intentions first.  I think you'll be surprised.

Just pick a few to try first.  If they don't work, they don't work and you can move on from there.
I haven't had much success with the set intentions of various sort in the past...What i figured over the months since i have been trying various methods of lucid dreaming is that it will either be easy or it will be hard , there doesn't seem to be much of a middle ground ; some people just find it easy and some don't and i unfortunately  fall into the latter...so far i am getting the best response with the rotation technique...how is your progress going ?
LawPaw
PHASER
PHASER

Post by LawPaw »

I agree with the learning curve being very different for certain people.

My progress seems to happen in bursts.  I feel that it was slowed down by trying to incorporate other methods (from dreamviews, ect.)

I've come to conclusion that Michaels system is by and far the best.  While others like Stephan LaBerge have a lot of experience with Lucid Dreams, Michaels seems to have the most experience teaching novices how to phase (lucid dream).

After looking at other methods it seems like most others trying to instruct simply are out of touch with beginners.  I really don't think Michael is, since this is where he focuses his energy.

It should be easy for me since I never have any trouble waking up without moving (since my first try with this <99% I succeed), but I get a little too excited about all the cool sensations and it wakes me up when I'm on the threshold.

Right now I average about 1x a week (over the last several weeks), but they haven't been as cool as I'd hope since I tend to be a little too "distracted" to correctly deepen and maintain.

My best methods are visualizations.  Straining the brain produces strong vibrations, but I tend to tense my actual muscles.  Listening in works almost everytime, but not the point of separation.  Phatom wiggling also seems to lead to muscle tensing or movement.  Sometimes my limbs will move after separation, which gives me the sudden feeling of having "extra" limbs.

In addition to actual success I have many false awakenings of various degrees.  Typically I just wake up motionless with vision and feel stupid that I opened my eyes only to realize that they were closed.

If you wake without moving, immediately try to separate.  You'll be surprised how often this works, even if only for a moment.  I can frequently separate to varying degrees immediately after waking.
Michael Raduga
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Michael Raduga »

As I see the more you know the harder to get the phase. Do not mix this practice with others
astralbandit

Post by astralbandit »

Here is my phase entry schedule :

go to bed at 10pm
during the night each time i experience awakening without movement i try to seperate as per the ebook if no success then i follow it with a 4 cycles of ; rotation , forced movement , phantom wiggling....IF i have a movement then i try the forced sleeping followed by the seperation attempt and if that doesnt happen then I follow it with same 4 cycles...My problem is that i am not feeling any vibrations or sounds or images of any sort !! and the indirect techniques that i included in my cycles are the only ones that i felt some sort of sensation during the selection procedure when i first started 3 weeks ago....What am i doing wrong ??
Any suggestions ???
Michael Raduga
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Michael Raduga »

You do not need to feel vibrations, sounds and so on. Use it if you have it.

If you perform rotation, you can separate when feel that rotation.
When you perform phantom wiggling, you can separate when you get it.
and so on.

Your attempts look good. But there is some problem becouse 3 weeks without results is too much.

Your goal upon awakening is performing of techniques you use. Try to achieve it by all means, by any means. Try to focus on it as hard as possible while attempting. If something work - separate immediately and by all means.

Maybe there is a lack of aggression and intention in the moment. Try persistently to merge into techniques
Last edited by Michael Raduga on Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
astralbandit

Post by astralbandit »

Thanks for your feedback michael....I will incorporate your suggestions into my routine...
Michael Raduga
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Michael Raduga »

And dont do direct techniques before you go to bed. I dont know why, but it seems to be counterproductiv if you want to try indirect techniques next morning.
Yes, it is because we lose our intention and emotions on it
LawPaw
PHASER
PHASER

Post by LawPaw »

Can  you focus too much?  Sometime I feel like my focus wakes me up too much.  Can your focus make your mind too alert, or should your mind not be completely awake.

When I sucessfully enter the phase for more than a few seconds I am always just on the verge of falling asleep.  This is probably why I am always blind and need to do a great deal of deepening to even be able to function.

Is it possible to be too alert when doing indirect techniques, or should we not worry about being too alert?
Michael Raduga
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Michael Raduga »

Sometimes it may be so. It is depend on many things:
- predisposition
- knowledge
- diffirent awakenings