update on indirect technique

General questions? Ask our experienced practitioners here
vincvega

update on indirect technique

Post by vincvega »

hey michael,
I just read that you recommend forced falling asleep, before starting to cycle between the different techniques.
What else would you change if you were to rewrite the chapter on indirect technique?
I ask because the idea of ffa right after wakening resonates exceptionally well with me. After having some success with the different techniques I came to this conclusion:

Whenever I get an image, wether it be right after awakening or after some cycles of technique, I can always enter the phase by focusing on the image.
If I don't get an image right away, means that I'm not near enough to the threshold between asleep and awake, therefore I need to use a technique to get there.
Spinning and other dreambody movement, often works here but again there needs to be a certain level of trance for this to have an effect.
So it comes the time when everything above fails, thats when I simply meditate until I get a picture or other sensations to work with. I never used ffa as you described but I think it is very similar.

Anyhow, let me know what you think and thanks for giving us these awesome techniques!
Michael Raduga
Administrator
Administrator

Re: update on indirect technique

Post by Michael Raduga »

There is a lot of changes I could make, but primary principles are the same.

You are on the right way becouse you start to understand that you need the state but not techniques. In some times you will be able to use any techniques with the same result.

You should understand that you do something wrong even if you are unable to do it upon every awakening.
vincvega

Re: update on indirect technique

Post by vincvega »

Thanks,
I'm only at the beginning of my journey, there's still so much I need to learn.....