Re: Concentrating on the dak before closed eyes!

General questions? Ask our experienced practitioners here
wiii
PHASER
PHASER

Concentrating on the dak before closed eyes!

Post by wiii »

Hello,i was wondering what could that be!
I was going to my armchair in the living room to try a little meditation,so i have concentrated on my breathing for about 10 minutes and then i let my breathing flow like it was never there,like i was breathing automatically without observing it!
The whole time i concentrated on the dark before my closed eyes,and at a moment i began to see green lights apearing and he fading...looked like aurora borealis or somethig lke that!
Now i was wondering what that means ,i was achieving some state of mind,or what were those lights,and if i see them again what should i do? should i concentrate on them?
breadbassed
PHASER
PHASER

Post by breadbassed »

Sound interesting, perhaps it was your 'astral' eyes beginning to open. I have experienced things like this with closed eyes but never with open eyes. I normally meditate with eyes closed but i will try with open next time. I had an interesting experience last night after some deep meditation before bed. After i finished and got into bed as i was falling asleep i could hear what was like someone else's breathing in my room. It scared me!
Michael Raduga
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Michael Raduga »

There is a lot of things that may happen to you in such meditations. But be very caution with your concentrations/emotions/energy/intentions. You cannot do many things with succes. OBE is already the highest level of meditation.
wiii
PHASER
PHASER

Post by wiii »

@breadbassed
I have experienced things like this with closed eyes but never with open eyes.

I had my eyes closed and i followed those lights about 10 minutes,nothing happened!
Michael Raduga wrote: . But be very caution with your concentrations/emotions/energy/intentions.

I was positive all the time,in my mind i am the most powerfull,i tend to be very aware that what it will happend it will be only in my mind,so i think this keeps me from other bad distractions!
breadbassed
PHASER
PHASER

Post by breadbassed »

If you had your eyes closed it was probably hypnogogic imagery. Apparently they are neural discharges, they do occur quite often with meditation. I think what Michael said was right, i believe OBE could possible be the highest attainment of meditation.
wiii
PHASER
PHASER

Post by wiii »

I tried the same last night when i was going to sleep!
Thing is,i do not reach the same level i guess,somewhere along i lost it,and i began to fall in and out of sleep,like i did not know what was happening,now i sleep and dream,next i'm awake,the in a few seconds i'm back in another dream..i had so much of theese last night that i don't remember anything lol!And it didn;t cross my mind to try indirect techniques...i totally lost it!
It's good anyways cause i know i was atleast close to something...i guess!
I will continue with indirect techniques ,cause as i observe what i was doing seemed kind of
some direct techniques,by noticing the void in front my closed eyes and that really needs practice to master it! So won't take the hard way cause as Mr Raduga says,i might get some blockages for some time..!!I will try this after i gain more controll in the phase after enter it by indirect techniques!And i will analyse my practice everytime:)

Best regards,Wiii