Re: The Voice Behind the Scenes

General questions? Ask our experienced practitioners here
Jeff
PHASER
PHASER

The Voice Behind the Scenes

Post by Jeff »

There is an 'awareness behind the dream' that sometimes responds to questions verbally.It responds with coherent answers,displays intelligence ,and seems to have memory and knowledge beyond the ego.Robert Waggoner's book "Lucid Dreaming:Gateway to the Inner Self" is based on this concept.

It is interesting to note that there is a phenomenon known to psychologists and hypnotists as "the hidden observer." This is an expansive part of consciousness that knows the ego;but the ego does not seem to know it.

In order for 'it' to formulate it's responses it must have it's own chain of memory,history and presumably a center of self awareness-in which we,as an ego,seem to be a part of.I really believe it is very much related to the responsive intelligence 'behind the scenes' in the phase.I also suspect that when we become self aware in the phase,our waking ego with it's chain of memory and history, becomes integrated with another concealed aspect of consciousness. 

Here are some examples of the Hidden Observer:
http://ezinearticles.com/?In-Hypnosis,- ... id=6237809

http://www.psywww.com/intropsych/ch03_s ... erver.html

Have you (Michael or anyone else)ever experienced-experimented with this voice/awareness?

If so what is your opinion?
(I would like to compare what I have found so far with others.)

BTW,if you believe that people,beings, and distant voices encountered in the phase are just creations of your brain,then I suggest that you are admitting to a form of 'multiple personality-dissociative identity disorder' -which we all may have in the dream/phase state if true.It could be quite 'normal' for most in sleep;while considered abnormal in the 'waking' state.OBEs are considered a 'symptom' if I'm not mistaken.

BUT not so fast...MPD-DID is far from being explained by materialist reductionism  based science,see here:

http://www.nytimes.com/1988/06/28/scien ... wanted=all

One of this man's personalities is that of his dead cousin :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7iHJfIH20TY
Last edited by Jeff on Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The closer you get to the meaning;the sooner you'll know that you're dreaming" -Dio
NOVA
PHASER
PHASER

Post by NOVA »

Hi Jeff you may care to watch this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnvM_YAwX4I
There are no humans here. You're it.  There is nothing seperate "out there".
wiii
PHASER
PHASER

Post by wiii »

Interestin,very interesting!
Thanks for sharing NOVA!!

wiii
Jeff
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Jeff »

Hello Nova,
Thanks,yes I've seen this.I agree with the overall premise but one thing.The video suggests vision is processed only in the primary visual cortex in the occipital lobe.The situation is really even more astounding ,as I understand there are seven visual modules.

The video makes a very important but over looked point-there is no 'light' in the skull!This is true for all senses,we never experience 'the thing in itself' ;only representations.This is even more amazing when you consider dreaming and the phase.There are no vibrations striking the ear drums,no light hitting the retinas,etc...

There is a book "The Holographic Universe" that is also very good- You've probably read it...

What I am interested in right now is how it comes to be that certain chains of memory,associations,etc, become bounded into a sense of self.And how there seems to be other 'selves' in the phase as well as 'selves' beyond the bounds of our senses in the phase that can be verbally communicated with.Have you had this experience? I'd really like to hear about it if so...
Thanks,
Jeff

BTW,here is a book I recommend:
http://us.macmillan.com/outofourheads
"The closer you get to the meaning;the sooner you'll know that you're dreaming" -Dio
NOVA
PHASER
PHASER

Post by NOVA »

YW Wiii.
Jeff it's all about perception.
Yes there is no light inside the head a dark void actually.
An illusion at most
There is only ONE mind experiencing many. Hence the holographic reflection.
It is a dream of illusions.
Science will never work it out there is nothing to work out.
I briefly looked at the videos. These are just very sensitive ones tapped into energy and experiencing the whole thing in overdrive.
I'm not sure how one would deal with this Sensativity

I have heard voices speaking to me on few occasions.

It's actually a paradox Jeff that I can't write down in words here. 
wiii
PHASER
PHASER

Post by wiii »

I always wanted to hear a voice ,somehow i know it is somewhere a voice that could guide me,or give me advices,i know i have someone beside me but i cannot get in contact ,I have sometimes a weird feeling,about me,about my person,and i know no one near me understands me!Sometimes feels like i am alone in the whole world!!

That is why i practice phase,and i want to reach the most advanced level of it!To get answers about me,and help others feel good,and have good feelings and intentions!!

It is definately something wrong with us ,just considering the fact that we use just about 10% of our brain capacity!Only this makes me wander about the possibillities we could achieve if we just can unlock the rest of our brains!

wiii
NOVA
PHASER
PHASER

Post by NOVA »

You are not your body Wiii

Your purpose here (the so called waking reality) is to disidentify with your mind.
wiii
PHASER
PHASER

Post by wiii »

I an not my body,but I am my mind,m consciousness  :D
I know I'm something much more than my body,I feel it somewhere deep inside!!
NOVA
PHASER
PHASER

Post by NOVA »

Mind = ego
Ego = body
Body= illusion

Wiii. Said "somewhere deep inside"

Where would deep inside be? Body?

Does consciousness have a voice?

We are here to awake and remember who we and  that it is only dream
Jeff
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Jeff »

NOVA wrote: Nova:
YW Wiii.
Jeff it's all about perception.
Yes there is no light inside the head a dark void actually.

Jeff:
For there to be matter ,an energy exchange (what we sense),or any percept, there has to be a perceiver.Even when we perceive the void ,we are doing so through a limited channel capacity that is not filled with information to it's potential. There is a constraint on consciousness that causes a 'self' and there is 'something' that generates information.

Nova:
An illusion at most
There is only ONE mind experiencing many. Hence the holographic reflection.

Jeff:
I think these metaphors are useful and probably true.Have you read Thomas Campbell's "My Big TOE" ?

Nova:
It is a dream of illusions.

Jeff:
I agree.Waking reality is a more stable and consistent type of dream.TC says that this is to provide cumulative feedback to an individuated unit of consciousness in order to evolve and thus lower its entropy,improving it's-and the One's- quality of consciousness.

Nova:
I have heard voices speaking to me on few occasions.

Was the information verifiable?
Previously unknown to you?

wiii
PHASER
PHASER

Post by wiii »

NOVA wrote: Mind = ego
Ego = body
Body= illusion

Wiii. Said "somewhere deep inside"

Where would deep inside be? Body?

Does consciousness have a voice?

We are here to awake and remember who we and  that it is only dream
Deep inside would be a mix of taughts and feelings(like emotions)what i would consider soul-''the ultimate observer''
And yeah this reality could be a more stable dream,maybe when we wake up in this walking reality we go to sleep in our dreams,and when we go to sleep in this reality we wake up in the dreams!
And if in the dreams are so much possibillities,and we live there too it means this walking reality is just the tip of the iceberg,and this makes sense as we using only 10% of our brain here!
theese are very interesting things to think of,and just by thinking of them it's a start to the next step of consciousness evolution!
I wonder what really would happen in 2012 :D I think if nothing drastic will happen a shocking truth will be proven! That we ar living in  a limited dream,as this is discovered then it will be proven!!
I am not the one that could say for sure..but untill then we must all do our best to evolve our counsciousness!!And all we shall become one!

wiii