Why and how should you take a break from phase attempts?

General questions? Ask our experienced practitioners here
12padams
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Why and how should you take a break from phase attempts?

Post by 12padams »

I was told by wiii that I should not miss wakening attempts to practice indirect techniques. So I set myself the goal of practising indirect techniques every morning however I was told to only try two to three times per week and rest the rest of the days.

My first question is why should I rest and not practice every day?

My second question is what do you mean by rest? Do I completely not think about the phase or read about it whatsoever? or should I avoid waking up with the intention of practising indirect techniques?

What is wrong with practising every morning?
Last edited by 12padams on Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
[center]Can't experience the phase?

Check out my free ebooks and video recreations of actual phase experiences.

Watch/Read Here: http://obe4u.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=2
JorgeLTE
PHASER
PHASER

Re: Why and how should you take a break from phase attempts?

Post by JorgeLTE »

In order to catch awakenings in the morning, we need a lot of intention and effort. Even when you are very motivated to enter the phase, you will not have the same intention and motivation if you make daily attempts than if you  take a rest each 2-3 days of attempts.

When I was new at the forum, I used to perform multiple attempts per day, with no breaks, and I was having no success at all.
Taking a break of 2 weeks solved a lot of problems for me.

Each 2 or 3 days of attempts, forget about the phase for at least 2 days. Usually, spontaneous phase experiences happen during breaks through dream consciousness.
Rudolph
PHASER
PHASER

Re: Why and how should you take a break from phase attempts?

Post by Rudolph »

Excellent question, 12padams. I went several months practicing every day upon awakening and then I got onto a separate project that required that I get up by an alarm (ruining most of my lazy, long and drowsy waking periods). I am getting slightly fewer OBEs now that I project upon awakening on weekends only, but I am learning a lot from how the 'rest' period helps. Go ahead and remain still upon awakening each morning but maybe spend several days a week focusing on dream recall -- work on balance.

Long story short -- I think there is wisdom in the "take a break" schedule. Try three days in a row and then take a couple days off to recharge and get things in perspective. Make good notes in a journal and post questions here. Michael Raduga generously makes expert replies to the novice questions here. Really read his replies and put the suggestions to good use.