Dream consciousness and indirect techniques at the same time?

General questions? Ask our experienced practitioners here
12padams
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Dream consciousness and indirect techniques at the same time?

Post by 12padams »

During my first practice days with the phase I simply worked with the indirect techniques. My main aim was just to catch myself waking and cycle the indirect techniques. I did get some success consciously waking however failed succeeding with cycling indirect techniques. Eventually I experienced a false awakening which introduced me to reality checks. From there I started becoming a lot more aware of my dreams and started storing a notepad next my bed to jot things down when I woke up. Eventually my dream memory improved however my ability to catch myself awakening died down. As you probably know from reading my blog I have had one fully conscious phase experience which I achieved through dream consciousness. It was a fluke however caused by a restless night with about five false awakenings.

Last night I took the pen and paper away from the side of my bed because it was a rest day and I decided not to jot down my dreams on rest days from now on. This caused me to have a conscious awakening which I have not had for weeks. I'm guessing this is probably why dream consciousness and indirect techniques should not be done at the same time.

My question is what should I do? I feel like I may have had a few phase experiences however they felt more like dreams due to lack of conscious separation. Because of this I don't like the dream consciousness method. If I wish to only do the indirect techniques should I no longer jot down my dreams throughout the night and stop performing reality checks?

Also am I right about dream consciousness and indirect techniques at the same time causing a lack of conscious awakenings? I feel this is the case because these days when I awake I think about the dream I have just had and how I urgently need to write it down before I forget about. This takes my focus of thinking about cycling indirect techniques
Last edited by 12padams on Sat Nov 19, 2011 4:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
[center]Can't experience the phase?

Check out my free ebooks and video recreations of actual phase experiences.

Watch/Read Here: http://obe4u.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=2