Re: Is it possible to become stuck in the phase?

General questions? Ask our experienced practitioners here
12padams
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Is it possible to become stuck in the phase?

Post by 12padams »

Hey I am just wondering if this has happened to anyone else before....

Its interesting as we put so much effort to deepen and maintain it and being trapped within it has never been a concern for me until now. Recently on my blog I posted an experience where I was unable to leave the phase and instead continuously entered false awakenings when I tried to escape. You can read my post's (split into two) here :
http://obe4u.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=4346#p4346

Although you could say this may have been a dream I had a questionable level of lucidity which sets this apart from a normal dream. Overall I believe this was a phase experience...

Comment here or on my blog about how you feel about being trapped within the phase...
Is it possible?
Has it happened to you?
Would you be worried about being unable to wake up?

Say whatever you like... I am interested in your opinion's )
Last edited by 12padams on Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
[center]Can't experience the phase?

Check out my free ebooks and video recreations of actual phase experiences.

Watch/Read Here: http://obe4u.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=2
Luna
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Luna »

I hope you don't mind but I will post an entry from my blog here as I don't know how to link it so you can read the exact post I am referring to:

Joel woke me up by getting out of bed and going to the toilet. I woke up with closed eyes and attempted to roll out. I felt my stomach muscles move so decided to try swimming ie imagined movement. That didn't work either so tried phantom wiggling. I felt my arms moving but not much. I pushed my arms up over my head. "now what"  I remembered about attempting to get out by rolling back over your head but before I could try my husband came back to bed.
I felt my physical arms, one on my chest and the other my my side. I thought to myself " if I just lye here maybe when he settles I can try again." He touched my arm. He then felt my pulse.  All the while I was thinking "c'mon Joel, I'm not dead!!!" lol! He said my name quite loudly and I could tell he was concerned. I opened my eyes and he told me he was worried cause I wasn't breathing. I know full well I was I was probably just so relaxed it was very light.
It was 4am and I was excited cause I had at least 2-3 hrs left for attempts.

Just as I was drifting off a woman came into my vision and came right up to my face and yelled "RAHH!!"  this has happened quite a few times to me. Its VERY realistic and it wakes me up every time.  I went back to sleep.

I woke up a while later and once again didn't move.  I tried rolling out but couldn't,  so tried phantom wiggling. Nothing. Swimming. Nothing. Did the cycle twice before I heard a voice. It said "levitate" I levitated and found myself up near the ceiling. I was going higher and higher then I heard Joel. "Nina?" came crashing back to bed. "Are you awake" I tried to reply with yes but no noise came out. What's wrong with my voice? Maybe it just needs some time. I sat up in bed. "are you ok?" I tried talking back. Nothing. I started to freak out then noticed I had a floaty sensation. The one I get just as I'm about to exit. Relief set in knowing I was still in phase. It all stopped an I woke up thinking phew!!

I sat up in bed wanting to share what just happened with Joel. I touched him on the chest to wake him and attempted to talk. Nothing came out!! It felt like I had no voice box. The harder I tried to talk the more  distressed I became. I got all caught up in the situation thrashing about trying to wake myself up. I finally woke up to be greeted with the same situation yet again.

I couldn't talk. I kept trying to no avail. After the 4th awakening I woke up and immediately tried talking "Joel!?" oh the relief!! I was finally awake, or so I thought. He sat up and looked at me. "are you ok!?" "yes I think so, I just had the weirdest thing happen to me."  "hey look, there's a diamond on the ceiling!" what?!? I looked up and saw a illuminated diamond on the ceiling and felt the familiar weightlessness "oh great I'm still here!!" then I started to curl up. You know when you touch a caterpillar and it retracts and curls?? Like that but backwards. I had no control of it it was completely involuntary. I woke up AGAIN but this time I couldn't breathe OR talk. I was trying to scream to wake myself up.I had 2 or 3  more FA's i had so many that i cant remember exactly how many. On the last one I started hitting Joel really violently to try wake myself up. It worked but it wasn't a very nice way to end it. I woke up thinking "how could I have thought that it was real?" it felt so different once I was awake but when I was experiencing it I was 100 percent sure it was real.

This was by far the most scared I have ever been. I couldn't breathe, I couldn't talk and I thought I was going to be 'stuck' there forever!

I am pretty sure that there is no way that you can get STUCK in the phase world. There are people that have entered into the phase thousands of times in their lifetime.

What were you thinking the night before? Had you had any negative thoughts about the phase? Ie not being able to exit or anything like that?
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one. ~ Einstein
12padams
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by 12padams »

Wow interesting experience Luna...

I find it interesting that you also were temporarily stuck in the phase and experienced a series of false awakenings....

About the night before... Yes I did have fear but not of becoming stuck in the phase... I have moved on a little from micheals techniques as they are just not for me... Instead I am using methods which involve inducing sleep paralysis.

The problem however is that the only way of getting to the phase using the methods I am using involve consciously slipping into sleep paralysis and waiting for the loud sounds to fade away and then exiting the body...

My fear is based on staying in sleep paralysis for a while and being unable to separate while being viciously attacked and terrified by evil things in my room.

I am also frightened that i will meet "the wild cat" ( a creature from my childhood nightmares which caused insolmia from constant nightmares lasting 10 years) in sleep paralysis or in the phase...

Anyway thanks for sharing your experience

CKing71
PHASER
PHASER

Post by CKing71 »

From the NDE File:

If you damage your body, beyond your current experience, to repair it, you will find yourself operating in another phase experience. One that perhaps you are less familiar with, or experienced in getting around in. There are many who die and have died, that don't realize it. There experience is just as strange to them, as the phase is to us. Another way to think of it is, we are trapped in the phase experience of this reality, and we are all practicing ways and methods for get-out of it.
Are you trapped here, or can you leave it for another.

Be Well
Be Well Everyone (King, C. 2013)
Jeff
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Jeff »

I have had this happen quite a few times,once just a couple of weeks ago with multiple false awakenings..Two of the most interesting experiences were:

1.After a long LD I was spinning to maintain and when I stopped,I seemed to be 'trapped' in this red-black TV static zone. I actually thought that maybe I had died (I had a dreambody made of this static too) and I began to feel deep fear and panic. I felt for my body in bed and gave all of my effort to feel for my eyes and force them open,but it didn't work for quite sometime.I was extremely lucid and thought "what if I'm locked in a vegetative state to the outside observer ?" or "what if I've died and this is what happens..?"Then I was finally able to open my eyes.This one actually rattled me a bit,but nothing will ever deter me from 'phase' practice..: )

2.Once I became very Lucid in a dream and began to fly over an ocean.It collapsed into this tunnel or 'wormhole' with streaking blue-white lights on the sides and rushing 'wind'. I was sped along for an extremely long time and I began to have the same doubts as above...

Yeah,this stuff happens but we shouldn't ever let it stop us from practice IMO.It always works out,unless of course,we do in fact suffer from bodily death,in which case there'd be little we could do about it and we should then be thankful that our consciousness still persists...so either way it's all good I guess.
"The closer you get to the meaning;the sooner you'll know that you're dreaming" -Dio
Jeff
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Jeff »

:o Holy $%#!@ Luna! That might be a record or something for FAs!
"The closer you get to the meaning;the sooner you'll know that you're dreaming" -Dio
12padams
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by 12padams »

Jeff wrote: :o Holy $%#!@ Luna! That might be a record or something for FAs!
Although Luna had quite alot (7-8) I had 10 in my experience.... I win!!! lol

But Luna sure did have a lot without actually going anywhere... I got up and walked places during my false awakenings... But I did have 10 false awakenings all in the same phase experience :)

Anyone else wanna beat my record of 10???

CKing71
PHASER
PHASER

Post by CKing71 »

Jeff I'm really struck with your experiences.

Similarly, I kinda posed a humorous question along the same line.
"If I go OOB dose my real body still owe taxes. If so, I could go OOB and set up a new life somewhere in a phase of my choosing, never to return. So one might ask, what happens to my body when I'm not in it, but rather deep in a phase? Is it still where I left it, or does it even really exist." (CKing71, Dec. 2011)

Be well
Jeff
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Jeff »

CKing71  :) I think the best we can say is that it (the body) exists in the reference frame of the observer.

I've had a few OBEs in which 'waking' world stimuli has impinged on my phase awareness ,and on occasion my awareness has become split between the two modes of perception instead of fouling.

For example:Once after separation,my wife came into our bedroom and started banging dresser drawers around.Meanwhile I was on the floor by my doorway in my dreambody within the phase version of the bedroom.I could hear her noises and feel the wieght of my body in bed,but I stayed focused on the phase and was able to carry on.I felt like I could have gone either way,but maintaining both seemed impossible.Of course from her perspective,I was asleep in bed as normal.

Does my body still owe taxes when I'm OOB? Yeah,they are waiting for me to get back to that reference frame I guess..LOL

About the new life,I seriously wonder about that for real..Recently a 'DC' told me that we had been married for eight years!  :o
Luna
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Luna »

My fear is based on staying in sleep paralysis for a while and being unable to separate while being viciously attacked and terrified by evil things in my room.
I too went through a stage of thinking like this. I haven't had it for a while now and plan on not going there again. Be careful what you think about before going to sleep. You will draw the negativity to you.
Holy $%#!@ Luna! That might be a record or something for FAs!
LOL!
Although Luna had quite alot (7-8) I had 10 in my experience.... I win!!! lol

But Luna sure did have a lot without actually going anywhere... I got up and walked places during my false awakenings... But I did have 10 false awakenings all in the same phase experience
LOL! ok, ok you WIN!! Smarty pants!!
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one. ~ Einstein
CKing71
PHASER
PHASER

Post by CKing71 »

Jeff, I like the idea of that.
I'm building intent around forming another self, in an alternate phase experience. leave my current body for the tax man, so to speak and start a new life in a alternate phase.

Also, when you said, "I felt like I could have gone either way, but maintaining both seemed impossible." (Jeff, Dec. 2011)

I almost always flicker, in and out of phase, hearing sounds in my room and outside my window, and in phase states, where other experiences are going on, people talking, wind, helicopters, drums and various rhythms.
I'm of the mind, that this reality is nothing more than a phase, where I have deepened it to the point, where I believe it to be the real reality and in fact it is not.

However, I'm trapped here like most of us, because I don't practice getting OOB enough or I'm not Deeping enough when I'm elsewhere. I'm going to put a lot of effort into staying OOB Thursday night, for as long as I can.
Thanks for commenting it always great to get them.

Be Well
Summerlander
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Summerlander »

If I got stuck in the phase and couldn't wake up for hours or even slip into a dream state, I'd love it.  Imagine being stuck in a dream world for a few hours and you are as awake in that environment as you would be if you were actually awake!  Wouldn't you want to explore it and make the most of it?  The phase would truly be your oyster.
THE PHASE = waking consciousness during sleep hybridisation at 40Hz of brainwave activity conducive to lucid dreaming and autoscopy.
12padams
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by 12padams »

Summerlander wrote: If I got stuck in the phase and couldn't wake up for hours or even slip into a dream state, I'd love it.  Imagine being stuck in a dream world for a few hours and you are as awake in that environment as you would be if you were actually awake!  Wouldn't you want to explore it and make the most of it?  The phase would truly be your oyster.
Thats how I feel about it too... I would love to be in the phase "forever" (a very long time)... There are 3 possible reasons for why I "disliked" (wanted to leave) my experience.

1. Worried about being attacked my the "wildcat" (childhood nightmare creature which caused insomnia for 10 years)
2. Worried about not being able to remember everything (I only just was able to remember all 10 false awakenings)
3. Phases aren't supposed to last this long... If I am struggling to awaken (I thought thinking about the body was enough to exit the phase) that means I might be in a coma or for some reason unable to awaken.
Last edited by 12padams on Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Summerlander
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Summerlander »

You know...

I devised this imaginary workshop that consists of 8 rooms.  One of the rooms is called "Nightmares".  I entered the phase once and went there looking for trouble...you know...face my own fears, possibly identify any issues!  I was so confident that I'd be ok and could handle anything scary that I found nothing.  It was just a corridor and many empty rooms.

When I was a kid I'd unknowingly enter the phase.  I'd find a replica of the house back then and think that my mum had made some changes while I had been asleep.  Then, these snow-skinned naked men would come through the walls, chase me and torture me.  This was recurrent and I'd tell my mum about this and refer to the experiences as the "dreams that felt real".  My mother thought I was being visited by evil spirits.  As I grew older, the experiences became lesser and lesser.  Eventually there was nothing.

Now, as an adult, I go looking for those snow-skinned characters in order to confront them and maybe learn something about them.  Perhaps they represented something, the fear of something, the ignorance of a child about the world...I don't know.  as a child I could think of nothing but get away from them.  I was terrified and utterly traumatised for a good few years.  I was scared of sleeping.  Now, an adult, I go looking for them in the phase.  They are not there any more.  Is it because I don't really fear them any more?
THE PHASE = waking consciousness during sleep hybridisation at 40Hz of brainwave activity conducive to lucid dreaming and autoscopy.
CKing71
PHASER
PHASER

Post by CKing71 »

There is nothing in phase that will harm you, that you yourself don't create first. The big cats need our, and the worlds help to survive in their natural habitat. If one should kill you or rip you to shreds and eat you, that's an interesting experience to have, but its only temporary, until you understand what they want when you see them or things that frighten you just ask the source what it wants and wait to hear the answer.
Like Summerlander said, create the experience of put them in their place, or their natural habitat. 
Be Well