karma applaud smite

Feel free to talk about anything not related to lucid dreaming and out-of-body travel
robvann
PHASER
PHASER

karma applaud smite

Post by robvann »

I have been noticing the Karma indicator beside each person on here.
But I couldn't find any guidelines for its use.
Would I correct in assuming the Applaud button increases karma and Smite decreases it?
I didn't want to test it without knowing how it works.
Should it be reserved for GREAT feedback, or more like an everyday LIKE button?
???
Luna
PHASER
PHASER

Re: karma applaud smite

Post by Luna »

Yes you are right....
I tend to use it for only REEEALY GREAT feedback. I think that is how others use it too :)
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one. ~ Einstein
robvann
PHASER
PHASER

Post by robvann »

OK, so what does someone have to do for a SMITE? I notice that facebook doesn't have a DISlike button...
;D
Luna
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Luna »

lol I have never 'smiteD' anyone. I'm not sure there is a reason to smite anyone one as I'm sure there is never really a wrong answer in this field......Then again I could be wrong.... ;D
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one. ~ Einstein
12padams
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by 12padams »

Is there a way to view reasons for why people have applauded or smited you? I can understand that hiding the user that has done this is important for "safety" reasons (I am sure if someone got smited they won't kill the person who did it to them). But I really believe having reasons is important since without reason how do we know what others like about us and what they hate??? Without being told right and wrong we can't improve...

Just a real world example here... Summerlander who is kind, offers great feedback and is the second most active person on this site has just been smited.... Why??? You see without reason we will never know...

Micheal Raduga - If you are updating the forum software please include a reasons section (if possible) for smiting and applauding so we can see the reasons/posts (not users who have chosen to affect another's karma) Behind the karma change for ourselves and other users.

If a feature like this already exists then just point me in the direction I can find it :)
[center]Can't experience the phase?

Check out my free ebooks and video recreations of actual phase experiences.

Watch/Read Here: http://obe4u.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=2
BK
PHASER
PHASER

Post by BK »

I don't remember ...Ever.. rating anyone...good or bad...ever...
However....
Up until a while ago, I do not recall ever hearing or using the word smite.  Because it is proven that we word read, my eyes have seen "Smile" instead of "Smite."

While I might like to claim that my subconscious is positive..It is just that I did not have that word in my working vocabulary.  I might guess the SMF programmers or the original forum programmers were not native speakers of English and used a word that matches their native language.  I think other forum engines use these words.
I've never used the word "palpate" either.

SMF allows for the karma label to be changed.  I checked.  I wrote obe4u and told them about this potential ambiguity.  I suggested "Good Karma" and "Bad Karma" as labels.

Writing SMF to have them change the default labels will help solve the problem for those still wandering in samsara!

BTW ...Whoever you are...Thanks for the +2 !
I also wonder what I did so I can do more of it.
Last edited by BK on Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
robvann
PHASER
PHASER

Post by robvann »

Sounds like a good idea to me.
bk wrote: I suggested "Good Karma" and "Bad Karma" as labels.