Re: Was that it?

General questions? Ask our experienced practitioners here
Rudolph
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Rudolph »

Sounds like a regular OBE to me. Good work!

My walls are eggshell white but once when I was OBE they were shiny white and smooth like tile. Then another time they were crusty rough and rusty-orangish in color.

The rainbow may have been an aura image. I do not typically see that. Robert Monroe mentioned he never saw auras either. He explained that it was something that some people saw but others did not. It was an ability that he could develop if he wanted or needed to.
BK
PHASER
PHASER

Post by BK »

Michale Raduga and Steven Leberge are the two reasonable and scientific authors on such topic of Lucid Dreaming and OBE.

I recommend you read both of these books. but start with Michael Raduga's book.  In this forum, it is generally an accepted philosophy that OBE, Astral and Lucid dreaming are all the same.  It says so on the home page of this site and they are all grouped into a term called, "The Phase."
I go one step further to add a factor of mindulness in order to call it the Phase.

It seems as though you have acheived the Phase.  Leberge will call it a false awakening.  Technically speaking, it is stated that a separation must be felt for it to be called obe. 

The SOBT book found at this website will be a good place to start. 
Welcome!
And I wish you the best.
Last edited by BK on Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Summerlander
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Summerlander »

There is no going out.  In four years of experience in the phase this is definitely one of the things that I have learned for sure.  All is illusion in the phase: objects, space, distance, people...even you!!  Nothing is actual in the phase even though its realism can emulate or even excel that of reality itself.
THE PHASE = waking consciousness during sleep hybridisation at 40Hz of brainwave activity conducive to lucid dreaming and autoscopy.