Re: what is wrong

General questions? Ask our experienced practitioners here
soul_reaper

what is wrong

Post by soul_reaper »

i am trying indirect tec for some time now but they havent worked yet not even once...why.....?
i sleep around 1:00 am and wake up around 9:00 am.......
during the sleep i wake up at least 2-3 times ......and almost every time i wake up from a dream......sometimes i move, sometimes i dont......when i dont move i try indirect tech......
i use swimming,rotating(not perfect) and hand rubbing techniques......
yesterday i tried 3 cycles but nothing happened.......
what is wrong
is it because i wake up just after dream.......? or i need practise.......? or something else....?
do these tech really work for everyone......?
and pls suggest me another tech in place of rotation....?.
Last edited by soul_reaper on Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chris_ld
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Chris_ld »

You are not supposed to sleep 8 hours before pracctise it's to much, according to the book you should sleep 6 hours (I do it with an alarm) then you get engage in some activity (I go to bathroom ^^) then you go back to bed and create an intention to have a conscious awakening (I affirm to "Be aware of my awakening and remember to perform indirect techniques) then when you wake up all you have to do is to try separation technique, if you move or the separation technique didn't work you start with indirect techniques. And it allways work if you just do exactly as it is described in the book. For example, I had problems with falling asleep or I fell asleep to fast on my first attempts, then the book suggested that I should sleep 6 hours AND be active for some minutes and when I changed that my problem was solved, I woke up aware but still tired enough to fall asleep if my attempt failed.
I hope that helped =)

Chris.
As conspiracies unwind.
Will you slam shut,
or free your mind.
Or stay hypnotised?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAm-kbzT ... re=related
soul_reaper

Post by soul_reaper »

But i dont sleep straight 8 hours....I wake use about 2-3 times..
And the author said that if you cant do deferred method(6 hours sleep and all) you can use it with normal sleep routine too..
Correct me if i am wrong...
__
@chris
when you wake up without moving....Do you find yourself in sleep paralysis..?
And can you separate directly without indirect tech..?
Chris_ld
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Chris_ld »

Yeah, you are right. But he also say the more you sleep the more likely it is that you succed.
And you also said that you try 3 cycles and the minimum is 4!
I know it is hard to do something that don't seem to work I still struggle with it sometimes, but I guess you just need some more attempts, but if you can't use the deffered method you should know that you will have to do some more attempts than others.

When I wake up without moving, I don't know if I am in sleep paralysis, it doesn't really matter because when I start to use the techniques I get to the phase. But when I am in the phase my physical body is probably paralysed. I have never succeded with separating in my bed room, I have allways started out in another room or place, but I have not managed to separate directly upon awakening yet, but I have separated pretty quick wih 1 cycle of indirect techniques.
As conspiracies unwind.
Will you slam shut,
or free your mind.
Or stay hypnotised?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAm-kbzT ... re=related
Michael Raduga
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Michael Raduga »

1 - did any technique perform itself?
yes - it was the phase and you should manage to separate somehow
no - you should practice with the technique in the day
I see you use only active techniques. Try something passive too like listening in and observing images

2 - do you fall asleep when attempting the indirect techniques?
yes - you need more aggression and to be more focused
no - you need to be more passive, and use forced falling asleep

Search for mistakes.
soul_reaper

Post by soul_reaper »

Mr. Raduga
is there any harm in using deferred method..?
Can i use it every night....? Or there should be a limit..?
Michael Raduga
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Michael Raduga »

3-4 days per week. It is not about the deferred method. It is about the phase attempt itself: you shouldn't try everyday
whiterain

Post by whiterain »

try using the forced falling asleep tech more it really helped me. also it looks like all of the visualisations you are using are tactile ones. maybe you do not respond as well to these, and would be better off trying some visual and auditory ones such as observing images and listening in. good luck
soul_reaper

Post by soul_reaper »

@ mr. raduga
i have some questions regarding deferred method...
1.) do i need straight 6 hours sleep to make this method work......?
  like today i intend to wake up at 7:00 am but for some reasons i wake up before 6 hours and after 5 to 10 minutes i sleep back again and use the deferred method as i thought.....i mean from waking at 7
will it still work..? even though my sleep wasnt straight 6 hours.....it was disturbed.....?

2.) what should i do in between those 45-60 minutes.......
can i meditate........?
and should i stay alert or feeling sleepy is fine too...........?
Michael Raduga
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Michael Raduga »

1 - 5-7 hours usually is ok. You even can sleep more time if you are able to fall asleep again

2 - NO MEDITATE! Do some usual stuff. Sleepy or alert doesn't matter. The matter is 5-55 minutes of full awareness