Re: "The right moment"

General questions? Ask our experienced practitioners here
Bo
PHASER
PHASER

"The right moment": I've lost vibrations

Post by Bo »

Hello

In the beginning i entered the phase by doing the indirect techniques. Later on I didn’t do them anymore because every time after conscious awakening i felt strong vibrations and sounds and i could easily separate when they stopped. That was always the right moment to do it.
For the last two weeks now i feel vibrations after conscious awakenings but they are very light and soft and i can’t get them any stronger like i used to do.
I’ve lost my orientation point when to separate. When I try separate after these light vibrations I move my real body
I lost my “right momentâ€
Last edited by Michael Raduga on Thu May 19, 2011 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LucidDreaming
PHASER
PHASER

Post by LucidDreaming »

I think it's time to apply indirect techniques to stronger the vibrations. ;D
Rudolph
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Rudolph »

I was just mentioning on my blog here how I no longer feel much in the way of vibrations. Maybe just warm tingles now and then. Michael replied that this was normal for projectors as they get more experience.

But now you need a new exit cue.

I do not know how long you have been projecting or how much experience you have, but I find it helpful to just go back and reread the SOBT book again. I recently added the "Listening in" method to my list of exit techniques and it has been helpful. Gone are the vibes but now I can focus on images and sounds and explore those methods. He says to "intensify" them with focused attention.
Summerlander
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Summerlander »

How about just focus on the main aim...induce the Phase. You don't always have to experience vibrations.
THE PHASE = waking consciousness during sleep hybridisation at 40Hz of brainwave activity conducive to lucid dreaming and autoscopy.
Michael Raduga
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Michael Raduga »

Very not bad advices from guys above. I just whant to emphasize some things:
- the more practice the less vibrations
- vibrations are just one of a huge amount of phase marks(or techniques). Use other. You don't need this route all the time: attempt - vibes - phase
- even slightest vibrations upon awakenings mean you're close to the phase
LucidDreaming
PHASER
PHASER

Re: "The right moment": I've lost vibrations

Post by LucidDreaming »

I don't remember feeling vibrations. I guess I have never felt them, even just before entering  phase.
Michael Raduga
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Michael Raduga »

LucidDreaming wrote: I don't remember feeling vibrations. I guess I have never felt them, even just before entering  phase.
It is normal too. I know one professional practitioner who never felt it too
LawPaw
PHASER
PHASER

Post by LawPaw »

Rudolph wrote: I was just mentioning on my blog here how I no longer feel much in the way of vibrations. Maybe just warm tingles now and then. Michael replied that this was normal for projectors as they get more experience.
This is good to know because I also have been having increased difficulty lately and don't feel vibrations anymore.

What I have been experience that is new is what I call "phase twitches."  Basically it is just part of my phase body twitching out of my real body. 

At first I thought the twitching would be a sign to exit, but had a couple of failed exits where I physically got out of bed (or once rolled onto the floor).

The twitching bothers me when I'm using imagined sensations, like swimming or pulling the rope, because it seems like just before the sensations become completely real my phase body will twitch back at my real body.  I'm sure these aren't real sensations.

My recent difficulties may just be stress related.
Michael Raduga
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Michael Raduga »

I think you'll find the solution.
But it sounds strange:
LawPaw wrote: At first I thought the twitching would be a sign to exit, but had a couple of failed exits where I physically got out of bed (or once rolled onto the floor).
It is a very rare situation for people who are experienced in separation. So it is a real problem or false movements.
LawPaw
PHASER
PHASER

Post by LawPaw »

Michael Raduga wrote: It is a very rare situation for people who are experienced in separation. So it is a real problem or false movements.
I agree.  I am still very unexperienced in separation by moving out of my body.  I almost always use imagined movements to feel my phase body, then deepen to get sight.

I have actually felt a separation from my physical body (by rolling out) only twice. 

Typically I use imagined movements, then deepen and find myself in the phase.

It is something I would very much like to improve on.