Re: Question about Phantom Wiggling

General questions? Ask our experienced practitioners here
lithuaniandreamer

Post by lithuaniandreamer »

hi. goal isnt to move your physical body..if you doing it right you starting to feel like you moving which part of body in physical body but its your "phantom" body.. sometimes you wont understand is it real or phantom body, and opening eyes to check it.

read the book, watch the videos and practice. you will find that out quickly.
dreamsrock
PHASER
PHASER

Post by dreamsrock »

i totally agree with lithuaniandreamer....sometimes I think it's my real arm that moves and that i ruined the experience, when in fact, it's the phantom body.  you should practice it while awake.  it's easy.  just try to move your arm without actually moving it.  it's weird, but when you are in the right state (such as upon awakenings), it works!!  this is the technique that i almost always use to get out.
johnny
PHASER
PHASER

Post by johnny »

hi dreamsrock.

how do you pratice while awake?? I mean how does your traning session looks like and how long do you train??

Is it dark when you train, do you use earplugs???

Do you have some ideas to remember the training upon awakenings?? 

johnny from denmark
its your mind.....use it or loose it
dreamsrock
PHASER
PHASER

Post by dreamsrock »

Hey Johnny, I thought this was you.  I'm glad you're still around.  Is that dreammask working at all?  I've always wanted to try one but I'm too cheap.  Anyways...this whole phase thing is finally coming around for me.  I'm having some good success now.  Just last night I got out of my body using a combination of listening in and phantom wiggling.  I'll post that in a few on my blog.

But to answer your question about phantom wiggling....The times I practice are when I wake up (whether movement occurs or not) and I go through the cycles.  That's it.  It is VERY important that you still go thru the cycles EVEN IF YOU MOVE UPON AWAKENING!!  this morning, I woke up, rolled to my side, said "dangit I moved" but started the techniques anyways, and very quickly they worked and I was out!!

One trick I have noticed that works great for me is this:  whenever I'm laying in bed I do techniques.  The reason for this is because I find many times I will be laying in bed, unaware that I have just woken up.  It feels like I have been laying there the whole time trying to get to sleep.  It's just like a nap you take where you're not sure if you ever went to sleep or not.  So, if I haven't just woken up...then I will get some good practice in and it usually helps me to get to sleep.  If I have just awoken, but am not aware that I have, the techniques will start to work real fast.  Good luck and keep at it.
lithuaniandreamer

Post by lithuaniandreamer »

phantom wiggling working for me realy weird. for example . then i starting to feel something and unconsciously fall asleep i have 90%~ that i'll have Liucid dream . week before in 1 night i had 8 LD's in a row next that weird phantom wiggling. and was so easy to reenter, without any techniques just with feeling what i'll back there.

PS it wasnt obe. some of you will think that. :)
Michael Raduga
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Michael Raduga »

Move your real sensations of the hand - never move your real hand.

If you cannot understand some techniques - just don't use them. There's a lot of others
LawPaw
PHASER
PHASER

Post by LawPaw »

Phantom wiggling is very tough for me to use successfully.

What I've noticed is that when I do move by sensation, frequently my real muscles will tense and this ruins the experience.

I understand that I am suppose to do absolutely nothing with my real muscles, but no matter how relaxed and "sensation" focused I try to be my muscles tense at times.

This is also a problem sometimes with straining the brain.

It is also why practice during the day is helpful.  Focus on getting the sensation of moving your hand while making sure you get NO tension anywhere in your body.  It won't be the same as when you wake without sleeping in how real it is, but it is good to get at least some sensation while focusing on staying completely loose.

A few times I've had complete separation of my arm only to have my real arm move with my phantom arm.  It feels exactly like I have two arms doing the motion and is very trippy, but of course it also ruins everything.
JorgeLTE
PHASER
PHASER

Post by JorgeLTE »

LawPaw wrote: Phantom wiggling is very tough for me to use successfully.
Same here. Now I have switched to observing images and spinning.