Re: Any other deep sleepers?

General questions? Ask our experienced practitioners here
Anthony Pucci
PHASER
PHASER

Any other deep sleepers?

Post by Anthony Pucci »

Once again, this is just me trying to account for every single variable. (Still having trouble with intent.)

I sleep very deeply at night. If I don't set my alarm, I will sleep all the way through the night unless somebody wakes me up, the power goes out, or some other remarkable circumstance happens. My mind is always completely blank when I wake up, no matter what I may have been thinking about when I was falling asleep. (As a side note, it often takes me a long time to actually get to sleep, usually 15 minutes or more.)

The other day, I took a nap during the day and I was only out for about 15 minutes. I told myself to remember to practice the techniques. When I awoke, the thought was clear in my mind, and I was able to try the techniques; although unsuccessful, I was still able to remember.

I guess what I'm trying to ask is if there are any experienced phasers who are really deep sleepers. My difficulty still baffles me, so I try to think of absolutely everything that may or may not cause problems.
Michael Raduga
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Michael Raduga »

Did you tried the deferred method?
Anthony Pucci
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Anthony Pucci »

Michael Raduga wrote: Did you tried the deferred method?
Of course. I still just sleep straight through the second part of the night after waking up. I'm usually active for about 10-15 minutes. I'll write some stuff down in a small notebook and read it to myself.
Jay Jonathan
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Jay Jonathan »

I would try sleeping earlier or longer for extra REM. The longer you sleep, the more REM sleep you will get. Usually this will be in the early morning hours. There will be a point where you can't go back to sleep. I think the best time to try indirect methods would be some time before that point, between too sleepy and too wakeful. This might vary with different people so the best way would be to experiment and stick to what works.

Sleep has many stages. The deep sleep stage (not REM) is very important for your body and should not be disrupted! If you don't have enough deep sleep or if it is disrupted your body will prioritize it over REM so it will reduce the chances of you phasing. I notice that I can't phase if have irregular sleep times or sleep deprived. Alcohol, nicotine, and various drugs can also affect sleep cycles so you might want to keep that in mind too.
Last edited by Jay Jonathan on Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Michael Raduga
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Michael Raduga »

I think you may try to prolong sleep in the deferred method too.

By 7 hours of the first sleep or by 40-60 minutes of awakenings. And of course, you have to pay much more attention to your intention
Anthony Pucci
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Anthony Pucci »

Before looking at this thread this morning, I did 6 hours asleep, 20 minutes awake and had a very brief separation last night. I also felt a little more confident. Perhaps all I'm lacking is confidence, I don't know. I'll check back again after tonight and see if it works again.

EDIT: Wasn't able to try last night, had to get up early. Trying again tonight.
Last edited by Anthony Pucci on Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Summerlander
PHASER
PHASER

Post by Summerlander »

Confidence is paramount.
THE PHASE = waking consciousness during sleep hybridisation at 40Hz of brainwave activity conducive to lucid dreaming and autoscopy.
Michael Raduga
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Michael Raduga »

+1
Summerlander wrote: Confidence is paramount.
90% of success